Human Dynamics is a specialised provider of consulting services for public sector clients, with a focus on transition and developing countries. We operate in a range of fields: from economy and good governance, to institutional and infrastructure development, justice sector reform, to environment and sustainable energy policy.
We are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager / Senior Project Manager with profound experience in tendering for and implementation of German Development Partners’ (GIZ, KfW) projects, preferably in the fields of private sector development, agriculture, education and/or environment/energy. Preferred duty station is our branch office in Cologne/Germany (with short term missions worldwide), other duty stations (e.g. our offices in Vienna and Brussels) are also possible.
- Identify tender opportunities of German Development Partners (GIZ, KfW);
- Manage the bid preparation process to deliver competitive tenders for German Development Partners, specifically:
- Identify partners and prepare expression of interests;
- Conduct fact finding missions;
- Organise/conduct proposal preparation workshops;
- Draft and/or coordinate organization and methodology;
- Identify/recruit expert candidates;
- Supervise preparation of administrative documents from Human Dynamics and partner organisations for each tender;
- Establish project budgets and prepare financial offers;
- Present our bid to clients if requested;
- Ensure compliance and quality control.
- Implement coordinate projects of German Development Partners, specifically:
- Administrative and financial coordination of projects;
- Contract and financial management of projects;
- Technical supervision and quality control of projects;
- Conduct project backstopping missions;
- Eventually conduct short term assignments within our projects.
- University degree (Master level);
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in acquisition and coordination of technical assistance projects, with a strong focus on tenders/projects of German Development partners, preferably gained in a consulting company;
- Professional experience in transition and/or developing countries;
- Profound subject matter knowledge in the fields of private sector development, agriculture, education and/or environment/energy;
- Excellent knowledge of tender procedures of German Development partners;
- Experience with applying GIZ’ “Capacity WORKS” approach in tenders is an asset;
- Strong in compliance management;
- Ability and flexibility to work independently and with teams in a fast-paced deadline driven environment;
- Excellent English and German verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to demonstrate strong planning, project management and people skills;