Fair global trade everyone can believe in
Founded in 2003, FLOCERT is the global certifier for Fairtrade International. Among many areas of operation, we mainly offer certification, verification, climate, information and impact services from crop to shelf. Our key customers are disadvantaged producers, such as mid-sized agricultural organizations, peasants and farm-workers, in developing and emerging countries. In the northern hemisphere, we advise and support traders and manufacturers on their comprehensive purchasing activities and complex value supply chain management.
FLOCERT has offices in Bonn, Cape Town, Bangalore and San José. With over 3,500 clients in more than 120 countries, a staff of 90 and over 100 auditors, we are one of the world’s leading social certification and verification bodies, bringing together producers, traders, brands and consumers.
FLOCERT is currently looking for a
Certification Analyst Europe – France (m/f)
Customer management for clients in France
- Job Share: Full-time (38.5 hrs. per week)
- Position is based in the FLO-CERT Office in Bonn, Germany
- Salary is paid according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement Category (Tarifvertrag Gross- und Aussenhandel, Nordrhein-Westfalen), Salary Range V plus an attractive benefits package
- Start date: As soon as possible
FLO-CERT is looking for a business oriented person who is willing to coordinate and to administer the Fairtrade certification of companies in assigned countries in Europe. The ability to deal with high profile traders and the availability to travel to assigned countries in Europe to perform Fairtrade audits is required. The attention to detail, willingness to learn and team work spirit are essential assets on this position. The person will be part of a multicultural team which is responsible for the certification of Fairtrade customers in Europe.
- Act as account manager for assigned customers.
- Perform evaluations of audit reports against Fairtrade Trade Standards.
- Perform Fairtrade audits of customers in assigned countries in Europe.
- Communicate actively with applicants and certified customers and assist them with all necessary information.
- Actively participate in the annual audit planning for assigned countries.
- Instruct customers on FLO Fairtrade requirements.
- Identify special needs of Key Accounts and act as account manager.
- Answer trade certification related questions.
- Assist in support of relevant National Fairtrade Organizations.
- Assist in the selection, evaluation and training of Auditors.
- Assist in constant improvement of certification processes.
- University level education (B.A. or equivalent) in a relevant subject (Food Science, Business, Agronomy, Economics, Languages, etc.).
- At least 3 years of related professional work experience in an office and customer orientated environment.
- 2 years of experience in certification systems including auditing (e.g. organic, FSC, MSC, SA8000, ISO 14001, etc.) in particular with ISO 65 accreditation or 2 years related business experience.
- Fluent in French (Native) oral and written.
- Fluent in English oral and written.
- High proficiency in MS Excel
- Flexible, pro-active and hard-working work style.
- Ability to travel for business when needed.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in dealing with different cultures.
- Strong dedication towards customer service.
- Motivation for Fairtrade.
“Nice to have”
- Fluent in Spanish oral and written.
- Fluent in German oral and written.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management Tools.
- Business experience in international trade.
- Work experience in food processing industry.
- Work experience with clients in the region and knowledge on the Fairtrade Standard.
How to apply
Please send your application in English (CV, motivation letter, reference letters or reference contact data)
with salary indication and earliest entry date to Christian Jambor via our:
Please kindly note, only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.