Job location: Sana’a, Yemen
Starting date: 1st May 2017
Vacancy closing date: 16th April 2017
Duration position: 1 year
Workhours: Full-time (40 hours)
ZOA is a Christian international NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn ZOA operates in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Manager General Affairs (f/m)
ZOA’s Programme in Yemen
In May 2012, ZOA decided to respond to the developing humanitarian crisis in Yemen, which started initially as an emergency response, but was extended given the continued severe situation. The main focus of the programme is to support host and displaced communities, in their WASH, Food Security, and NFI needs. Target areas are Hajjah, Hodeidah and Sana’a governorates.
ZOA works alongside local partners. Creating and strengthening of local capacity is an important element of the programme.
In 2015, ZOA opened a Middle East Regional office which is located in Jordan. From this office, our programmes in Yemen, Iraq, Syria, and Jordan have been administered. As of April 2017 Yemen will break away from the Middle East Regional office and be an established programme country for ZOA. Due to the volatile situation in Yemen, the current base station for the Manager General Affairs Yemen is Sana’a.
The Manager General Affairs is responsible for effective and efficient management and control of all supportive processes in ZOA Yemen. This includes Finances, HR, Logistics, and IT.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
The MGA is a member of the Country Management Team. The MGA has been assigned with responsibility and holds delegated authority for:
- Development and maintenance of country specific policies and procedures in the fields of finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement in compliance with ZOA global quality management framework;
- Monitoring of and support to program organisations on processes and procedures related to finance, HR management, security, logistics and procurement.
- Monitoring HR compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations;
- Supervise staff recruitment processes;
- Ensures gender sensitivity in staffing and policies.
- Contribute to the Country Annual Plan (CAP), with a specific task in preparing the corresponding annual budget and financial sections;
- Development of monthly and quarterly financial management information at country organisation and at Programme Organisation level;
- Preparation of country annual accounts, in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Monitoring finance compliance to internal and external (donor and government) rules and regulations.
- Manage availability, continuity and security of appropriate IR facilities;
- Implementation of logistical policies and procedures in compliance with ZOA’s worldwide framework.
Compliance & Capacity building
- Ensuring compliance of ZOA SOP’s in field offices and, as applicable, implementing partners;
- Capacity building of implementing partners regarding admin, HR, Finance, etc.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA
- Bachelor degree in financial management or auditing and HR;
- Finance practices;
- Command of English is essential;
- Experience in general management.
Skills & Attitude
- Result-oriented approach, initiates but also makes sure that initiatives come to a satisfactory result;
- Takes initiative to improve processes and procedures;
- Knows how to prioritize;
- This is not a family or accompanied post
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for these post
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in de programme country, and a basic salary between 2300 – 2900 Euro net per month plus other attractive benefits which suits the charities sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website:
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.