Job location: Sana’a, Yemen
Starting date: 1st May 2017
Vacancy closing date: 16th April 2017
Duration position: 1 year
Workhours: Fulltime (40hours)
ZOA is a Christian international NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn ZOA operates in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 900 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
Programme Manager (f/m)
ZOA’s Programme in Yemen
In May 2012, ZOA decided to respond to the developing humanitarian crisis in Yemen, which started initially as an emergency response, but was extended given the continued severe situation. The main focus of the programme is to support host and displaced communities, in their WASH, Food, Security, and NFI needs. Target areas are Hajjah, Hodeidah and Sana’a governorates.
ZOA works alongside local partners. Creating and strengthening of local capacity is an important element of the programme.
In 2015, ZOA opened a Middle East Regional office which is located in Jordan. From this office, our programmes in Yemen, Iraq, Syria, and Jordan have been administered. As of April 2017 Yemen will break away from the Middle East Regional office and be an established programme country for ZOA. Due to the volatile situation in Yemen, the current base station for the Programme Manager Yemen is Sana’a.
The Programme Manager is responsible for the realisation of project and programmatic goals within the organisational setting determined by internal and external preconditions in Yemen.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
Overall leadership and integral management responsibility of ZOA Yemen Programme.
Leadership and management
- Responsible for all ZOA activities within programme area;
- Member of country management team;
- Gender and conflict sensitive approach to team management and project activities under her/his responsibility.
- Capacity building and supervision of implementing partners
- Development of the Programme plan for the respective programme area, with annual review of needs for changes, based on ongoing context analysis and results of annual programme review;
- Project Cycle management, including needs assessments, formulation of concept notes and proposals and budget;
- Reporting - monthly and quarterly activity and financial reporting, including realization of activities versus budget utilisation; (Providing input to) narrative and financial donor reporting.
- Budget owner for projects implemented in programme area;
- Human Resource Management (at individual- and team level) for programme staff;
- Implementation and monitoring of financial, personnel and security policies and procedures.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA
- Bachelor or Master degree in a humanitarian, development or other relevant field;
- Three to five years field experience in a development country;
- Familiar with Project Cycle Management;
- Good spoken and written command of English.
- Command of operations;
- Analytical & writing skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines.
- This is not a family or accompanied post
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for these post
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in de programme country, and a basic salary between 2300 – 2900 Euro net per month plus other attractive benefits which suits the charities sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website: http://www.zoa-international.com/programme-manager-yemen.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.