UNIQUE is a leading consulting firm for sustainable natural resource management, with a specific focus on forestry, agriculture and climate change. Since establishment in 1998, we have carried out over 700 projects in more than 60 countries. UNIQUE’s headquarter is located in Freiburg, in the Southwest of Germany. We have offices in East Africa, Paraguay, Vietnam and Kyrgyzstan. Our team consists of forestry and agricultural engineers, economists and political scientists. With more than 60 permanent staff members, we have a large and diverse team of experts. This allows us to deliver high quality consultancies in different fields of relevance for the land use sector.
UNIQUE is seeking to recruit the services of an international long-term expert, with experience in financial management of investment funds in the Natural Resource Management sector, for a long-term project financed by the KfW Development Bank in Uganda. The project will be implemented by the East African Development Bank (EADB). In case of being awarded with the implementation of the project, the selected candidate will be contracted for the duration of the project (3 years) and will be based in Uganda.
Tasks and responsibilities
The main responsibilities and tasks of the international long-term expert will be:
- Assisting EADB in designing a credit line for biodiversity‐friendly investments;
- Elaborating investment products (financial products) based on sectoral analyses;
- Supervising the due diligence of measures for which financing is being sought;
- Preparing a financial investment plan and respective agreements;
- Facilitating technical and financial implementation of the fund;
- Developing a monitoring and reporting concept and assisting EADB to implement it;
- Supporting the planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of agreed activities;
- Preparing project reports.
Required qualifications and expertise
- Master's degree (or higher) in Forestry, Agriculture, NRM, Economics, Geography, Social Science or related fields;
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in an international work environment (e.g. in a consulting firm, bilateral or multilateral development agency, NGO);
- Experience in managing large-scale projects, being familiar with processes, standards and instruments for reporting, procurement, financial management and monitoring (preferably with German Financial Cooperation);
- Experience with financialmanagementf investmentfunds(fundmanagement), development of financial products;
- Experience in working with public institutions in developing countries (or countries in transformation);
- Fluency in English is essential.
UNIQUE's salary and benefit package is competitive.
Please send your application (CV and motivation letter) to:
Ms. Annika Korte (firstname.lastname@example.org)
by April 15, 2017.