Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Head of Project (m/f)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until September 30, 2018. There are good prospects for an extension. The place of work will be Gaziantep, Türkei (TR).
As a Head of Project is responsible for the operative implementation of the project(s) and the appropriate use of funds. He/she is responsible for coordination, planning and implementation, correctly and duly reporting to Welthungerhilfe's Country Office.
- implement a AA food security project in Syria in remote control together with the implementing partner(s)
- report to the donor
- assist in the coordination of other Welthungerhilfe projects
- attend and advocate in UN/NGO Cluster Meetings
- stay in close contact with Head of Security and Welthungerhilfe Staff in Gaziantep regarding security developments and necessary adjustments
- Capacity building of IP-Staff: Finance Management traninings, Best practices in M&E, SPHERE, CHS
- improve linkages with national organisations/NGOs
- liase with current and potential future donors present in the country (Gaziantep, Istanbul).
- assist in further programme and project development (Donor Acquisition) in consultation with the Programme Department and CD
- Identifiy and examine new project ideas
- Appoint, manage, and provide guidance to local experts
- A university or polytechnic degree or qualifications that are commensurate with this position
- 1 to 2 years of project and management experience in implementing projects of international (aid) organisations, preferably in the region, and ideally experience with using AA guidelines
- work experience in a humanitarian context, the management of complex aid measures, as well as very good analytical skills for assessing the humanitarian and security-relevant situation
- Cooperation skills and ability to work in a team
- A very good knowledge of written and spoken English, local language skills are an asset
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Furthermore, we facilitate a flexible organisation of working time as well as a healthy work-life balance. The performance oriented remuneration is based on an in-house salary scheme. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer. The job description can be sent to you in case of interest.