Job location: Maiduguri, NE Nigeria
Starting date: As soon as possible
Vacancy closing date: 16 April 2017
Duration position: 12 months renewable
Workhours: Full time
ZOA is an international NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. The work of ZOA is coordinated from Apeldoorn, the Netherlands. From Apeldoorn ZOA operates in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia. ZOA works approximately with 1000 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a (m/f)
for ZOA’s Programme in North East Nigeria
Your challenge is to develop and lead the emergency programme portfolio providing humanitarian assistance to the victims of the Boko Haram Insurgency
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Be part of the ZOA Nigeria leadership team
- Lead the project implementation team
- Ensure good relations with Local community and local leadership
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements in project implementation
- Oversee project design and implementation, to achieve project objectives within the agreed time and budget.
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA
- Graduate level education, preferably masters level
- Minimum 5 years experience in institutional project management
- Minimum 3 years experience in people management
- Institutional donor relations
- Food security project management
- Cash transfers modalities
- Emergency project management
- Project design
- Proposal writing
- Data analysis
- Security management
- Networking and Relationship building
- Leadership and management of people of different cultural background
- Passion to serve the poor
- Developing others to realise their potential
- Integrity, honesty, transparency
- Maiduguri is subject to restrictions due to the level of security
- This is a non-family duty station
- Rest and recuperation conditions apply for this post
ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team in the programme country and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via our website
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.